Our contact details are
Royal Blue Printers
Committing to our customers
We respect our customer’s privacy and are devoted to guarding your personal data.
You should read this policy, and any other privacy policies we provide when we collect your data, so that you fully understand the ways in which we process your data. All Royal Blue Printers’ privacy policies are intended to supplement one another instead of overriding each other.
Our Data Protection Officer
For all data related matters, including subject access requests, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
The data protection representative will try resolving your query or forward it to the relevant department for resolving it as soon as possible.
Safety of the Collected Data
If the received data is of a criminal or minors, it will not be entertained.
The personal data we would like to collect from you is as follows:
- First name
- Email address
- Postal address
- Delivery address
- Billing address
- Telephone number
If you choose not to provide your data then we may not be able to offer key products and services to you.
Processing of your data under Law
We collect and process your data on the following lawful bases
- Evaluation of the reliability of a contract
This means that we will only process your data when the provided data seems reliable before signing a contract with you.
- With legitimate interests
This means we will process your data if it is in the legitimate interest of our business in order to make an effort for providing you with the best service/product and the most secure experience. We always consider and balance any potential impact on you due to or work and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We will not use your personal data for activities that will merely benefit us except when allowed with your consent. In any instance where we are processing your data based on our legitimate interests, you still have the right to object to your data being processed in that manner. For further assistance regarding this, connect to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
This means the processing of your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- With your consent
This means we’ve asked for your explicit consent to process your data in a certain way, and you’ve provided it.The table below describes all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and identifying which of the legal bases we process according to.
|Purpose of processing||Data processed||Lawful basis for processing|
To respond to your enquiry
To create a new account
To enable you to make a purchase
To fulfil your order
|Performance of a contract with you|
To glean your feedback so that we may improve our products and services accordingly.
To email organizational news and information on offers, discounts and new products.
When the mass emailing software automatically removes our details and adds you to our ‘do not contact’ list
Networking through the Email
From 25th May 2018, soon after the General Data Protection Regulation came into effect, we did not actively seek consent from customers to continue to send marketing emails to them.
As per the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003, using the lawful basis of legitimate interests, we assume that you would benefit from receiving information about offers and promotions through our emails. These emails are secure and present a low risk to you.
These emails should not worry you because if you would like to opt out of these marketing emails, you can do so by:
- Unsubscribing here or directly from any emails you have received from us as we have the unsubscribe button under all of our individual emails; or
- Contacting our Data Protection Officer to unsubscribe.
We will seek explicit consent from new website visitors for sending them the marketing emails but if a new customer purchases from our website, requests a quote or our sample book we will use their email address to send them details of our latest offers and product recommendations. We adopt this approach using the lawful basis of legitimate interests, assuming that you would benefit from receiving such information as an existing customer.
If now or in the future, you do not want to receive these mails, instructions of how to opt out are displayed at the checkout. You may also use the link above or one of our general marketing emails to opt out or unsubscribe since there is a link shared within the emails we send you.
The personal data that we collect from you will be used for what it was collected for originally unless we need it for another reason which we believe has to be compatible with why we initially collected your data for.
Who we share your data with
- External parties who are engaged with us for a smooth functioning of our business. These parties include couriers that we use to deliver our product to you, professional advisors, including lawyers, banks, auditors, insurers, IT service providers, contractors and companies who assist us directly or indirectly;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other UK authorities as required by law;
- Third parties whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or give our assets to. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If such a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice;
- This may be shared with a friend service provider but strictly with your consent.
The security of your personal data is intact and protected in accordance with the law when it is being used by the third parties. According to our instructions, your personal data is only used for specific purposes only.
It is the foremost duty of any business to protect the rights of its customers. If you want to know the details of any procedure related to your data or anything regarding your data’s security, please contact our Data Protection Officer or the Information Commissioner’s Office to discuss the matter further.
Below is the list of your rights you can exercise:
- Right of access – contact us for a copy of the data we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – Inform us if the data we hold is out-dated or inaccurate so that we are able to update it
- Right of deactivation – if you no longer want to use our services, please contact us and we will delete all related data we hold directly with us.
- Right to restrict processing – we only ever collect the data we need and actively ensure we are never collecting anything over and above than what is needed.
- Right of portability – With your consent, we will transfer your data to another organisation.
- Right to object to automated decision making and profiling – we do not currently use any automated profiling of any sort. Once you sign up with us and are ever unhappy with the way we are processing your data please contact our Data Protection Officer.
In case of any refusal to the above mentioned rights, you will be provided with a reason for that. You can then register a complaint with the supervisory authority.
International Data Transfer
We only transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) when we utilise the services of carefully selected external third parties based in the United States of America.
Each one of these providers has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework
Data Accessibility and Security
We value the security concerns of our customers therefore, we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition to this, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business and may use it for their personal gain.
We engage a small, trusted group of GDPR compliant data processors. They will only process your personal data if they have our consent; they have signed a data processing agreement with us which includes a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you in case any of the personal data is being misused.
The retained data is strictly used for what it was collected for initially including its use for legal, accounting and reporting purposes.
When determining the appropriate retention period for personal data we consider:
- The amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data
- The potential risk posed to you by unauthorized use or disclosure of that data
- The purposes for which we process it
- Any applicable legal requirements; and
- Evaluation of whether or not we can achieve those purposes through other means
Details of retention periods relating to your personal data can be requested from our Data Protection Officer.
Under selective circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data or anonymise it (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes. In these instances, we are able use this information indefinitely without any further notice to you.
Decision making is one of the most important aspects of a business. Moreover, we do not make any decisions about you based on the automated processing of your personal data.
Requesting Data Access
You will have a free access to your personal data however, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or we may as well refuse to comply with your request.
For the sake of securing your data, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. Complex queries can take up to a month to resolve and the customer will be updated. For this matter, we seek patient attitude from our customers. Furthermore, we try to resolve legitimate queries within a month.
For the registration of your complaints and to exercise all relevant rights and queries, in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact our dedicated Data Protection Officer:
Royal Blue Printers – Data Protection Officer